Chemical company in northeastern Ohio is searching for an Engineering Manager - should have at least a BS in Chemical Engineering and 6-10 years experience leading and managing up to 10 seasoned and junior engineering professionals with expertise in Process, Instrumentation/Electrical, Automation, Designing and Plant Project Engineering.
· Will lead and direct the Engineering support activities associated with processes, production optimization, design, equipment, debottlenecking, project work etc.
· Ensures the engineering staff supports and upholds environmental, health and safety (EH&S) procedures and work processes to ensure that they are in compliance with all appropriate state and federal regulations and guidelines and that projects and activities implemented meet Recognized Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP) and other widely accepted /known engineering codes and standards.
· Ensures that the engineering department operates from a standpoint that it is a “service function” to support the whole of the company and not its own entity, cooperating with all other functional areas. The Engineering Manager acts as the lead in the development and execution of the site’s capital (CAPEX) program obtaining executive management approval of capital projects and reviewing the status of on-going capital projects.
· Will be involved in certain areas of Process Safety Management (PSM) from an “owner” standpoint, with the two biggest areas being Mechanical Integrity and Process Safety Information.
· B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the chemical or petro-chemical industry.
· 6-10 years experience leading and managing 10+ years “seasoned” and “junior” engineering professionals with expertise in Process, Instrumentation/Electrical, Automation, Design and Plant/Project Engineering.
· Experience in operations in a chemical plant, batch and continuous operations highly desirable
· Knowledge of Federal / State EPA and OSHA compliance requirements.
· Collaborates with the site EH&S functional leadership team and the Operations Leadership team on maintaining a sound PSM program.
· Ability to effectively interface and communicate with Operations, Maintenance, Purchasing, Shipping/Receiving, EH&S, R & D, Accounting, Quality Control, Customers, and vendors.
· Knowledge of synthetic organic chemical laboratory techniques, analytical laboratory techniques, pilot plant equipment and operations, and plant scale equipment, operations and processes.
· Strong management, organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to plan and manage multiple projects, planned site shutdowns and priorities.
· Experience working in a union environment is preferred.
· Experience working closely with maintenance function is preferred.
· “Team Player” – Ability and experience successfully working with senior level functional peers to collectively drive policies, projects, culture change, etc. to achieve business/site goals and objectives.
· Strong oral presentation skills in small and large venues.
· Crisis management experience.
· Computer skills a must, with knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
MUST LIVE IN U.S. AND MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT AND HAVE GOOD WORK HISTORY