Our client is a global Chemical Industry leader due to a major capital expansion of their Philadelphia area site we are conducting a search to find an Operations Manager. This operation is a continuous process and uses a plant derived feedstock. Reporting to the Site Director this individual will be responsible for:
- Setting goals and objectives, performance management, personnel development and reviews
- Management of a staff of Operators, Mechanics and Engineers in day to day operations
- Proactively manage shop floor performance and other personnel issues. Handle grievances for area, actively participate in improving flexibility in operations, member of site negotiation team
- Participate as active member is site leadership team, labor management meetings as operations representative, site safety committee and other site and business teams
- Proactively drive site culture through operations to achieve safe and efficient performance
- Efficient, high quality plant operation supporting of business requirements.
- Meet complex production schedule to ensure targets are met
- Ensure cost effective operation driving for lowest unit cost.
- Ensure that highest Quality standards are maintained
- Drive continuous improvement tools through operations team
- Achieve continuous reduction in utility usage per unit of production
- Assure all production policies and procedures (SOP’s) are accurate and followed.
- Support maintenance activities and ensure they are sufficient to meet operational requirements. Support capital changes to plant equipment.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years or more of Chemical Plant Operations Management experience
- Continuous petrochemical plant operations experience preferred
- Successful record of supervision and development of plant operations personnel
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills