Located in Houston, Texas this position for performing reservoir engineering functions, including economic evaluation of exploration and development drilling opportunities, acquisitions and divestitures, and preparation of budgeting, forecasting, planning, and SEC reserves reporting. Prepare and present project data, analysis and results to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with petroleum emphasis, required.
- Minimum of 10 years' unconventional reservoir engineering experience required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite software and be familiar with other technical software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare reserve estimates and economic analyses for exploration and development drilling and recompletion projects.
- Perform economic evaluations.
- Provide engineering support and analysis for operations, drilling and geologic staffs.
- Evaluate potential acquisitions and divestitures, and identify and support new business opportunities.
- Prepare SEC-required reserve analyses and periodic forecasting and budgeting.
- Supervise reserve studies performed by consulting firms.
- Stay abreast of engineering technology advances and recommend utilization of appropriate technology on company assets.
- Coordinate work activities to function effectively in small group and supervise engineering technicians.
- Mentor junior engineers and engineering technicians, providing guidance and training in fundamental and advanced applications of reservoir engineering.