Overall responsibility for managing and implementing short and long-range sales and service goals for both retaining and growing revenue associated with large volume sales customers; identify other strategic commercial and industrial revenue-generating opportunities; ensuring that customer satisfaction and company values are maintained; and providing overall leadership to the Sales team.
· Manage major accounts in an effort to protect and grow revenues; establish and/or enhance relationships with our largest customers; partner and provide consultation for their energy needs by helping develop and provide turnkey services.
· Develop sales solutions for potential customers interested in investing in emerging technologies, including but not limited to: CHP, NGV, Fuel Cells, and conversion opportunities.
· Strategically engage and create partnerships with 3rd parties that share a mutual interest in promoting gas usage
· Manage sales operation to ensure sales goals are challenging yet achievable, company policy and procedures are followed, and superior customer satisfaction is delivered.
· Motivate and energize the sales team to embrace potential growth areas in developing market sectors; learn the portfolio of sales solutions to offer customers; and to ensure alignment to the overall sales strategy.
· Responsible for accurate monthly status reports and market information and communicate appropriate updates to sales team and senior management.
· Research industry best practices in an effort to evaluate our current processes and enhance/develop programs that have been successful elsewhere in the natural gas industry.
· Provide training opportunities for employees to continue to grow and enhance their skill sets.
· Responsible for developing appropriate marketing communication plans to our customers including but not limited to: company website, social media platforms, and email marketing.
· Manage attendance at critical industry events to build network of opportunities for new business relationships and product lines.
· Responsible for developing appropriate marketing communication plans to our customers, including but not limited to: company website, social media platforms, and e-mail marketing.
· In collaboration with Sales leadership, build an effective market research function, which includes an accurate database with all relevant customer information, including a pipeline of future leads.
· In collaboration with Sales leadership, help establish, develop and implement a long-term marketing plan (10-year) that ensures the company is able to adapt and well-positioned for steady future growth.
Knowledge and Abilities
· Energy industry experience with a familiarity of the natural gas industry, pipeline design and developing cost of service.
· Knowledge of the Company’s overall strategic objectives and business goals.
· Broad distribution industry knowledge and trends.
· Capable of interpreting rate and supplier tariffs; PUC regulation and national energy policy.
· Strong technical and analytical abilities in project management, finance, database management, software implementation.
· Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact at all levels of the organization.
· Able to develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships.
· Able to work multiple internal and external constituents by displaying the leadership skills necessary to create a team environment.
· Minimum of eight years’ of progressively proven leadership experience in a sales organization.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in the energy industry.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, business or related field required.
· Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for education.
· Valid drivers' license and ability to drive company vehicles.
MBA or Master’s Degree in related course of study.