Under the general guidance of the Vice President, Operations, the Senior Production Engineer is responsible for maximizing well production from existing and new wells while optimizing operating expenses to maximize value creation. The work is to be conducted in a safe, legal, and environmentally/socially responsible and effective manner, and in conformance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and applicable governmental regulations. This position reports to the Vice President, Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Prefer minimum 10 years' experience in Production Engineering, with a portion of that experience working with unconventional horizontal oil and gas wells as well as well pad facility design and construction
- Proficiency in cased-hole operations (coiled tubing, wireline, workover) required
- Proficiency in design, operation, and optimization/troubleshooting of gas lift systems, SCADA systems, and SWD lines/operations
- Proficiency in design, operation, and optimization of compression and corrosion control
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interface with Land, Engineering, Drilling, Completion, Marketing, and Accounting on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures all activities are performed within relevant regulatory and company requirements, and in accordance with HSE standards
- Participates in the collection, reporting, and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Develops SIMOPS (if necessary) and shut-in procedures, and clearly defines rules for adjacent wellbores to offset drilling and completion activities
- Identifies production and facilities/infrastructure enhancement opportunities for production optimization and formulates recommendations ensuring high levels of regularity and minimum downtime
- Proactively identifies potential production and facilities/infrastructure challenges, and formulates remedial solutions
- Oversees and develops the design of major infrastructure projects, including, but not limited to:
- Oil trunk/backbone pipelines
- Area oil, gas, and/or produced water gathering systems
- Frac water distribution systems
- Accountable for capacity and facility planning for long range growth
- Accountable for providing hydraulic simulation of system capacities (oil, gas, and water)
- Accountable for providing mechanical and process engineering support for all well pad facilities (P&IDs, As-Builts, etc.)
- Executes inflow performance analyses to assist with artificial lift, chemical program, well integrity, sand production, water management, choke management, tubing sizing, etc.
- Selects, designs and recommends downhole and surface configurations based on value creation criteria
- Establishes, coordinates and monitors workover programs
- Supports daily well surveillance using real time data, field reports, decline curves, and pressure information
- Ensures that base production is maximized and that the people and processes required to accomplish this are in place and functioning
- Accountable for planning and execution of artificial lift installation, including artificial lift design procurement
- Ensures chemical maintenance program is effective and fit for purpose
- Identifies options for LOE reduction and optimization opportunities
- Oversees cost control and budget monitoring for production operations
- Reviews and provides feedback on the production engineering aspects of operated and non-operated AFEs
- Works in conjunction with Procurement to prepare tender documents, analyze vendor response, award contracts, on-board contractors, and manage contractor performance. In particular, experience obtaining and managing artificial lift and chemicals contracts.
- Assists Procurement with timely acquisition of material, equipment, and personnel. Reviews and acknowledges relevant invoices for accuracy.
- Provides full-time production engineering and workover support to assigned operations. Monitors daily morning report and facilitates data error corrections and coding. Has responsibility in daily reporting software for well file population and management of assigned wells.
- Remains at the forefront of new and developing technologies, and recommends advancements to improve safety, performance, and reduce costs. When necessary, works with technical specialists and service companies to improve existing or develop new technologies to improve safety and operational performance.
- Performs additional special projects and duties as directed by Management
- Provides information and/or prepares presentations for Board of Director meetings or other meetings as needed.
- Mentors new hires or less experienced peers and field operations personnel.
- Performs well-site / workover supervision as required.
- Has an intimate understanding of, and active participation in HSE Management System. Is accountable for knowledge of and compliance with all applicable regulations and HSE training requirements and policies.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, demonstrated history (with statistical support) of performing all of the above in compliance with HSE Best Practices.